October 11, 2013

Training with Piz: Sidepull/Undercling Lock Off Reaches

Get outside and have an adventure!

piz : )

Thanks to my amazing sponsors: Arcteryx, CAMP-USA, SCARPA, Sterling Ropes, the AAC and WIndX-treme


  • If you have an adjustable systems board, set it at an angle where you can actually do this move.
  • If not find a good size undercling or side pull to perform the move with.
  • Fix your feet in the best place possible underneath the hold and lock off with the low hand and reach high with the opposite.
  • Repeat the sequence with both sides and take a good rest before the next set.
I find that the more that I focus on a tight core, my body close to the wall and pushing with my feet, the better that I do on this exercise.

I like doing this every once in a while, because it will identify whether my lock off strength is any good. It is also a power move because you can/do use a bit of explosive power.

Decreasing the size of the hold and increasing the steepness will make this even more challenging while doing the opposite will accommodate the mortals like myself out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment