October 1, 2013

The Nose and Mayan Smith Gobat

Get outside and have an adventure!

piz : )

Thanks to my amazing sponsors: Arcteryx, CAMP-USA, SCARPA, Sterling Ropes, the AAC and WIndX-treme

 Some photos from Mike Anderson and my first free ascent of Arcturus on Half Dome 2006 Andrew Burr Photos. Mike and I looking back at El Cap from the top of Half Dome.
 Checking out the line Half Dome
 A little wear and tear
 Mike owning that chimney.
Me on the crux.

http://www.rockandice.com/lates-news/new-female-speed-record-on-the-nose-el-capitan

Here is a brief summary of how Mayan is showing us how much she loves climbing on El Cap.

I have been able to watch her train and focus on this goal for months and it's great to see her hard work paying off. I will say that we have not seen her go her fastest yet and I look forward to seeing how things turn out.

Mayan has taken a liking to training and is one of the hardest workers that I have ever seen. She takes every session serious and puts forth 100% during every exercise. With that effort and focus she will certainly reach her personal potential when it comes to climbing and especially life.

She has worked hard over the the last year and her dreams are slowly becoming reality.

Go Mayan!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment