piz : )
Thanks to my amazing sponsors: Arcteryx, CAMP-USA, SCARPA, Sterling Ropes, the AAC and WIndX-treme
Check out the video with all the commentary and enjoy the beauty of the area.
Look at how a climber of nearly 20 years gets it done and watch for technique!
Here are a few of the things that I learned while watching Chris Sharma climb.
- He immediately places a foot on the wall after making reaches to take weight off his hands
- He always finds that "plumb" position on his arms in order to rest effectively
- He uses momentum to generate speed to make long moves dynamic rather than powerful
- He constantly looks down at his feet, so that he is taking weight off his arms and hands
- He initally grabs small holds with an open hand and will switch to crimp postion when he needs to pull.
- On vertical to slightly overhanging terrain, the high foot and lock off and rocker on your foot are essential skills
- While bouldering, watch to see how strong his calves are, they are always engaged
- Being flexible is advantageous but not too flexible or you will loose power
Have fun out there!