October 14, 2013

Treadwall Training with Piz: Shoes

Get outside and have an adventure!

piz : )

Thanks to my amazing sponsors: Arcteryx, CAMP-USA, SCARPA, Sterling Ropes, the AAC and WIndX-treme

Check out my little reminder on why you should wear your good shoes while training.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSRYesDFZOA&feature=youtu.be

Wear good shoes while training. If you don't, you just ingrain bad footwork and habits into your technique and then when you are trying your project, your feet wont know how to behave!

I work out on a steep Treadwall and if I am wearing old shoes or shoes that are not downturned or a different pair than what I normally wear for most routes, my feet tend to respond differently when I am outside.

When I was young and a competitive golfer (yes I was at one time) one of my coaches told me that Perfect Practice Makes Perfect. He would say that as my buddies and I were trying to hit the guy driving the golf cart who was picking up range balls. That kind of horseplay was fun and there really is no better feeling than tagging that cart, but it doesn't help your golf game. It just ingrains the bad habits that you do not want.

So next time you are jumping around and goofing off while at the gym or even outside. Ask yourself, is this really something that I need to work on or am I just working on my circus tricks.


No comments:

Post a Comment