November 12, 2013

Treadwall Training with Piz: Leaning to Dropknee

Contact Piz at pizem@hotmail.com for Motivational/Instructional/Entertaining Speaking Engagements, Climbing Instruction, Training and Periodization Programs

Until then... Get outside and have an adventure!

piz : )

Thanks to my amazing sponsors:
 www.arcteryx.com
 www.camp-usa.com
 www.scarpa.com
 www.sterlingrope.com
 www.americanalpineclub.org
 www.brewersledge.com
 www.windx-treme.com

 
               http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyvoDR2PXME&feature=youtu.be

In this video, the climber is learning how to drop knee and when to incorporate it into her movements.

I know when I learned how to drop knee, I needed my main climbing partner at the time Gregg, who knew how to climb overhanging terrain, telling me when and how to do it. It wasn't easy, I normally did it backwards, but I eventually learned and use it appropriately now.

The purpose of the drop knee to to keep your body closer to the wall during a movement (reach), it also allows you to have a longer reach. Combine those two things and you save energy and power while climbing which will allow you to complete the boulder problems or routes that you are trying to send.

Watch her move and see if you can identify where she has success and where she is stumbling.

No comments:

Post a Comment