November 13, 2013

Training with Piz: Rock Climbing Helmets

Contact Piz at pizem@hotmail.com for Motivational/Instructional/Entertaining Speaking Engagements, Climbing Instruction, Training and Periodization Programs

Until then... Get outside and have an adventure!

piz : )


 Andrew Burr Photo


Thanks to my amazing sponsors:
www.arcteryx.com
www.camp-usa.com  
www.scarpa.com                         
www.sterlingrope.com              
www.americanalpineclub.org
www.brewersledge.com  
www.windx-treme.com  

http://camp-usa.com/products/helmets/armour-gray-190A.asp


http://camp-usa.com/products/helmets/speed-green-239.asp



This could be considered the same old rant that you have heard in the past, but for whatever reason I am here to write it one more time!

Wear your helmets folks!

The combination of these points:
  • my high schools crisis team meeting this morning telling the staff about crazy gunman in schools  
  • and the fact that a friend who climbs more than all of us just having a bad climbing accident a day or two ago (still in the hospital)
  • and that while I was just trying my head point project and having all the gear blow during fall
makes me want to remind everyone that helmets save your life. I have pictures and links to the ones that I wear regularly.

It's simple, wear them and be safer. Choose not to wear them and be a dope.

Accidents are called that for a reason, because you didn't plan on it even thought that you took all the precautions that you needed to.

1 comment: