July 3, 2013

Treadwall Update

Get outside and have an adventure!

piz : )

Thanks to my amazing sponsors: Arcteryx, CAMP-USA, SCARPA, Sterling Ropes, the AAC and WIndX-treme


I have completed my first 10 days using the Treadwall.

This is huge! I have seen some amazing changes with my body, I have adapted to climbing and setting on the Treadwall and my skin has allowed me to actually complete all the attempts that I want to make each session.

I used the wall about every 3rd day and was training intervals. That means that I would do a route 4 times in row with a short rest in between each attempt.
Then after a longer break I would do the same with another route.
After that I would repeat the process on 2 more climbs.
Each route that I climbed was set to work on a particular style or movement in climbing so I was not doing the same type of thing over and over.

It took about 6 days on the wall to even get to the forth route because my skin hurt so bad.

But the rewards have been incredible. I went to Rifle and was able to complete some harder climbs in just a try or two and I haven't even been on rock for almost 8 weeks! Even though the style of the Treadwall (nonstop) is different than how I normally climb, it only works as an advantage.

When I climb outside, I go fast where I need to and rest when I can. This is NOT how you climb on the Treadwall. The steady pace that you set before you start controls everything. So holds that you might be able to shake on outside become terrible and jugs even get hard to hold. It's great because if you use the wall and compliment it with climbing at your local area, you will see great gains in your climbing.

I will be sharing how to set various kinds of climbs and how to train on in starting near the end of July. The information will be posted on the Brewersledge website and on my blog. Stay tuned for all the information that you can handle on the Treadwall!  Feel free to comment and let me know what you think and I will do the same.

Get outside and climb!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment