April 10, 2013

Exponential Challenge: Day Four

Get outside and have an adventure!

piz : )

Thanks to my amazing sponsors: Arcteryx, CAMP-USA, SCARPA, Sterling Ropes, the AAC and WIndX-treme

By day four Ben and I were feeling tired. The tower day was not too difficult grade wise but, the cold weather and moving between climbs added up.
 We started a little bit later than normal on day four because it was just 8 routes. 8 single pitch routes! It felt like a rest day and made quick work of the climbs on a cool day in Escalante.
 A photo showing the Frank Zappa Appreciation Society. I still can't believe that I was able to get the first free ascent of that roof.
 We had some sunshine on and off but still had to climb in down jackets and winter hats! When would the weather improve a little bit? I wasn't looking for 70 degree temperatures, but out of the 30's would have been nice!
 Escalante, what a great place to climb and explore.
We ended early without any falls (except for Ben since he tried the Zappa route 13+).
I got to hang out with my wife and son and that was awesome. The reality was that the week was about to get tough with 16 pitches in rifle and then the 100 pitches in the last 2 days.
Oh well, a little bit of hard work never hurt anyone before.

piz : )

No comments:

Post a Comment