April 17, 2013

2013 Red Rock Rendezvous Wrap Up

Get outside and have an adventure!

piz : )

Thanks to my amazing sponsors: Arcteryx, CAMP-USA, SCARPA, Sterling Ropes, the AAC and WIndX-treme

The 10th anniversary of the Red Rock Rendezvous was a great success. SCARPA sent me to teach clinics on the topic of Introduction to Traditional Climbing and my two 8 hour sessions were full of questions answers and plugging gear into deep and dark cracks.

Two full clinics wore me out and I was able to relax in the perfect temperatures at the campground. There were many great vendors of food, climbing, running and biking equipment. There was a really positive and friendly vibe throughout the entire weekend where people shared their excitement for just being there.

I bumped into a few people from Cleveland, Ohio (where I lived until I was 18). It is great to see that climbing is growing in so many places where there is little to no rock nearby. Gyms have been such a wonderful way for people to get to know the sport and eventually get them outside to experience it in all of its glory.

I will be there next year, so mark the dates and put it on your schedule to see, meet and take lessons with the pros and your friends in a perfect setting.

 Athlete introductions
 Slack lining, bouldering comps, autographs, shoe demos free goodies and raffles. This place rocks!
 Early morning sunrise on Mt. Wilson
 Shingo (SCARPA athlete and bad a$$)) telling another SCARPA customer the real deal about shoes.
 My group hiking to the clinic location
 Plugging in some gear after our discussion
 An all tricam anchor. Very proud.
 Saturday's group! Thanks for coming guys. You were great!
 Sundays group, thanks for coming guys. We learned a lot.
The bouldering wall and comp. The grassy field was packed as they threw themselves up the wall. It was awesome to see everyone going big! There were a few flappers after this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment