February 5, 2013

Working it Out, The Project that is.

I began working on a crack that was not my style sometime ago.
I tried the moves.
I learned and rehearsed them.
Then, I built a specific training program to increase my weaknesses for the route.
During the training, a deep freeze came to my town and kept me off the line for 10 weeks.
Fortunately, I had all the sequences written down and memorized.
My first time back on it, I reached a high point (on top rope because I am still too afraid to lead it)
I realized that part of the challenge for me is the endurance of this route.
Break, explore, climb other stuff.
So now, I found a new unclimbed crack project.
It is shorter, more powerful and different.
IT too is a bit scary to lead.
After one day I figured it out and nearly sent.
What is the point?

Well sometimes it is important to get on something else when you are getting frustrated with your current project. Sometimes the feeling of success will trickle over to your other project without you actually knowing. Sometimes the change of movements and effort and mental state allow you to overcome what seems impossible. Sometimes, success breed success.


Both of these routes will be sent, I can and will finish what I started.

Get outside and have an adventure!

piz : )

Thanks to my amazing sponsors: Arcteryx, CAMP-USA, SCARPA, Sterling Ropes, the AAC and WIndX-treme

No comments:

Post a Comment