August 17, 2012

New Room and New School

I just spent the last week learning about how things work at my new school.
It has been a whirlwind of information overload and I am still trying to grasp it all, I had better hurry because the students arrive next week!

me in the bugaboos provincial park, canada
The last week or so has been spent hanging out with my family and trying to get back into shape. After being sick for a couple and not climbing much my hands are soft and buttery, my endurance is low and I have very little power.

I fix that problem I have been getting to the gym to climb for about a half hour each day. One, I couldn't last much longer in my current state and two, it will help to slowly get my hands and fingers back into grabbing holds shape.

I am looking forward to meeting my new students and getting them psyched on earth science and careers. (those are the two classes that I teach). I am ready to see if I arranged my room in a good way and if the systems that I set up will work smoothly.

With respect to my climbing, I am ready to start getting out on the weekends and trying new routes and getting fit enough to begin working on another undone tips crack.

Until then, get outside and have an adventure!

piz : )

No comments:

Post a Comment