March 7, 2013

Plans

Some things are not meant to work out, even though you have the best intentions.

I have been planning a spring break challenge and training for it since December 2012. Now that I am two weeks away, a number of things have stacked up against me and my achieving that goal.
  1. The training didn't go as planned due to something as simple as the cold. We were in a very bad inversion all winter and the temperatures were never able to raise high enough to climb or if they were warm enough, it meant that it was just warm enough for you to have feeling in your fingers some of the time. That is not quality training.
  2. The weather was bad most weekends. I had planned a couple of two day efforts to help get me in shape and one by one they were foiled by rain or snow or cold temps.
  3. I got sick a bunch this winter. I was in the doctors office too many times and I missed training days.
  4. My partner got sick, bad enough that he still can't get out of bed. That doesn't make achieving the big plans very easy!
So what does that mean? It means that I have to make the most of my existing time and get after the challenge when the time is right.
Jerimiah Watt photo
Get outside and have an adventure!

piz : )

Thanks to my amazing sponsors: Arcteryx, CAMP-USA, SCARPA, Sterling Ropes, the AAC and WIndX-treme

No comments:

Post a Comment