September 27, 2011

Its been a while

Hey All,

I have just been hanging in Denver with my in-laws and participating in a family reunion. It has been a busy few days and a ton of fun. It is so wonderful to see so many families coming together to support each other and their parents. We got to watch a slide show that showcased everyone in the family. Great shots and wonderful insight into the how everyone turned out the way that they did. My wife's family are really wonderful and loving folks. I look forward to the reunion every year.

Rowan has been growing fast and each day seems to surprise Jane and I with his new expressions and coordination. We are tired and have changed a ton of diapers and will change many more! The late night feedings are exhausting but a great time to just sit quietly with Rowan and admire him while he eats. There is something special every time a baby falls a sleep in your arms.

As far as climbing has been going, I am stuck falling all over another new route in Unaweep. It is a wonderfully challenging sport climb chalk full of crimp side pulls, gastons and crappy feet. As much as I want to send the route in order to share it with the world, I am treasuring the exposure, whipping, falling and wobblers 150 ft off the deck and the tiny sharp holds that shred my tips after every burn. Unaweep is such a great place that contains many more classic trad and sport climbs. I can't wait until I find my next one to become obsessed about.

As soon as I download some more photos, I will update you on Rowan and The Unaweeper (the project in unaweep that continues to keep me from sending).

Get out and enjoy the fall. The best time of year for so many reasons.

piz : )

No comments:

Post a Comment